1. 5 reasons you are cool. [list these using "-" to start each new line and title the section appropriately] [or give it a new clever/cool title] 5 reasons why I rock stripey socks: -There are trees where i live -I'm super cultured...been to Canada AND Mexico -I'm Indie...not Emo! -My friend met Thom Yorke -Benjamin Gibbard is my homeboy
2. 5 bands you should be listening to (but don't know about) -The Fitness -Fiery Furnaces -Aveo -Game Over Mario -Roy
3. 5 books and movies that I love. -1984 - The Orwell -High Fidelity -Requiem For A Dream -The Loved One - Evelyn Waugh -Ghost World
4. 5 articles of clothing that I take pride in. -Red twill skirt -80's U.S. Postal jacket - Gold buttons all intact -Scarf Mom knitted -Blue Cons -Planned Parenthood t-shirt
I DO NOT have one of those crappy ass "Trucker Hats" and i DO NOT think "Voting is for old people"
1. 5 reasons you are cool. [list these using "-" to start each new line and title the section appropriately] [or give it a new clever/cool title] 5 reasons why you probably think I'm a pretentious fuck -I'm not concerned with being "cool"/"deck". -I have taste. -I'm a misanthrope. -I know what I'm talking about. -My bookshelf/CD collection.
2. 5 bands you should be listening to (but don't know about) -The Fall -The Deadly Snakes -The Constantines -Drive Like Jehu -Slint
3. 5 books and movies that I love. -Waking Life (Movie, dir. Richard Linklater) -Mother Night (Book) - Kurt Vonnegut -Heathers (Movie, dir. Michael Lehmann) -Beautiful Losers (Book) - Leonard Cohen -The Crying of Lot 49 (Book) - Thomas Pynchon
4. 5 articles of clothing that I take pride in. -Brown corduroy pants. -Old Stones T-shirt (with a band pic, circa 1962). -My paperboy-ish cap. -My shoes. -My scarf.
five reasons you probably would be scared to talk to me -i'm a foot taller than you, without my heels. -i've read all of those books and heard all of those bands and i don't even give a shit. -i've made out with a member of sleater-kinney. -i've got a fucking chihuahua, with a spiked collar. his name is CHICO. -i live in portland.
five bands that you should be listening to -bobby birdman (www.statesrightsrecords.com/bobbybirdman) -the thermals (www.thethermals.com) -y.a.c.h.t. (www.teamyacht.com/music) -neutral milk hotel -peaches
(the first three are worth checking out, all portland kids, and good friends of mine)
five films or books that probably made me cry -the danzig trilogy, gunter grass (3 books in one) -lolita, vladamir nabokov (book and kubrick's film) -the philosophy of andy warhol, andy warhols (book) -short stories, j.d. salinger (book) -the collected works of e.e. cummings (anthology of poetry)
(so i read a lot, have you seen me lately?)
five pieces of clothing you wish you had -courtney love's pants -a catharine maladrindo chiffon dress the color of a rare fruit -lots of handmade things by claire la faye (www.clairelafaye.com) -kathryn towers(www.e-seaplane.com) -holly stalder (www.e-seaplane.com)
(and there are pictures of me all over those websites, if you are so inclined.)
i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you. i love you.
xo v l i n d e r t j e (that means little butterfly in dutch)